Saturday, November 15, 2014

Legos: Minifigures


In early October Lego put out their latest minifigure series, Series 12. The boys read about them online and started campaigning to visit the store to purchase their favorite ones. I wasn't looking forward to it because it had been months since I'd had to do the blind feel game on minifigure pouches and I was out of practice. I told Bentley and Jake that they would have to come with me and help find the minifigures they wanted. I picked them up from Guidos (ukulele night) one Friday and we went to Fred Meyer's and spent an hour feeling the foil pouches to figure out which minifigure was inside.

Bentley chose four minifigures: Wizard, Hun Warrior, Prospector, and Genie Girl. Viva chose three: Dino Tracker (a girl), Genie Girl and Battle Goddess. She did not chose Fairytale Princess! She said she has other minifigures that look similar. Jake chose four: Wizard, Space Miner, Piggy Guy and Jester. As usual I paid for two and they purchases any in excess of that. The price for minifigures has gone from $3 to $4. That's a 33% increase!

I have not offered to purchase Lincoln or Evan any minifigures. I have joked that when they are older, I will give them my collection. Lincoln loves to play with my collection. After we got the new ones, he spent a number of afternoons (after his short nap/rest) playing in my bedroom with various minifigures. His favorites are Piggy Guy and Batman.

No comments: