Monday, August 08, 2016

Boys Quilt

Earlier this summer when Viva was sewing her quilt, Jake decided he wanted to make a quilt, too. Viva's quilt has 5" squares and it's taking her a while to get it completed, so I decided to encourage Jake to make a quilt with much larger squares.

He looked through my stash of bold batiks and picked a few he liked. I cut them into squares for him. He arranged the squares on a design board. Then he sewed and ironed and he soon had a quilt top. I quilted the top on my longarm and then bound the quilt.







After Jake finished his quilt I asked Bentley if he wanted to make one. He wasn't very interested. A month or so later, the twins were at art camp and he was hanging out at home without them. He decided he'd like to make a quilt. He chose fabrics from my Kaffe Fassett fabric collection. I cut them into squares. He arranged them on the design board. He sewed and ironed them. I quilted the top on my longarm and then bound the quilt.



Viva has been distracted with other projects this summer and has not finished her quilt!

No comments: