Friday, September 28, 2007

New food avoidance tactics

Bentley is quite the clever little tyke with his tricks... this past week we installed a new light fixture in the dining room. I've been eyeing this particular chandelier at the store for a couple of years, and it finally made it to a clearance price and I took that as a sign to buy! I love shiny sparkly stuff so this chandelier is right up my ally... and it seems Bentley has taken a fancy to it as well. I put it all together while he was sleeping, and he noticed it right away when he came upstairs in the morning, pointing with an "ooooooh, ahhhh!!". He knows how to please his Mom!

To get to the point though... now when I offer him foods he doesn't want he points up to the shiny light and says "ooooooh!!!". He's trying to distract me and half the time it works. :-)


The light seems to be a hit with Jackson as well. I haven't caught Genevieve staring at it, but if I position the bouncy chair right sometimes Jackson will sit and stare with his huge eyes for at least a couple minutes before getting back to voicing his complaints about life. :-)

No comments: