Wednesday, November 14, 2007

He looks harmless....

Here's Bentley, earlier this evening, studying a book on reverence:


He looks like a pretty harmless kid, doesn't he?! This evening he really seemed to have it in for Genevieve. My parents tell me he's a sweet kid, and he doesn't know what he's doing... but after he went for her head the 3rd time I'm not so sure! :-) First he nonchalantly walked up to her and raised his foot over her head. I managed to intervene with a gentle push, and Genevieve escaped. Second go around, an hour or two later, he used a football and lobbed it straight at her while she was sleeping. I wasn't quite quick enough and it got her! To be fair, it was an o-ball football and light weight. And he was probably just showing off his excellent throwing arm, which improved by about 400% after an hour long skill session with his Opa! Lastly, third time around, he jumped up on the couch and used his head to slam into her head. He's a menace, sometimes! An energetic, joyful, and happy menance - I'll give him that much. I guess some days are like this?! I reassured Genevieve that it won't be long before she can fight back. Perhaps that's inappropriate parenting, we'll see...

No comments: