Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bentley Speaks Too!

Bentley is pretty darn articulate nowadays, and he says some awfully funny things too. 

Conversation with Rachel:

"Rachel, I want to take you upstairs".

Rachel says "Can we take my Dad too"? (We wanted Bentley to give all the relatives a tour of the upstairs floor of the house)

"No, just you - I want you alone"!

Today when it started snowing, he points to the sky and says:

"I don't want that stuff to come down out of the sky. Make it stop"!! I love that he thinks I can control the weather. 

Costco trip:

Heading into the parking lot I said “We better go slow or the eggs are going to fly”!

Bentley, as we arrive safely at the vehicle “Mommy, where are the flying eggs”?!

We get home.  Me, wanting Bentley to take a nap, and Bentley insisting on eating one of his newly purchased Costco waffles first: “FINE!  Have a stinkin’ waffle”! (Yes, I know – I was really mature)

Bentley: “Mommy, I not want a stinkin’ waffle.  I want a clean waffle” (this said in near hysterical terms).

Helping Grandma:  

Bentley, wanting Grandma to get him a new diaper but unsure she knows her way around the new house as well as he does:  "Grandma, go out the door, turn right (then he points because he knows Grandma is directionally impaired),  go down to the bathroom and the diapers are in the drawer".

******************

So I have a new plan, to make this kid even more adorable.  A vocabularly word a day program!  Little kids are such sponges; it's amazing how much they can learn.  Why not take advantage of it, right?  We started today, with the word lovely.  I explained the word and then suggested to him that an appropriate use would be, for example, "Mommy, you look lovely"!  And he said to me?  "No Mommy - that TREE outside looks lovely"!  Hmpppph.

1 comment:

The Altman Family said...

WOW! The kids are getting so big! How are you liking your new home? Well next time you guys come down we'll have to get together. I would love to meet the Twins!