Monday, July 20, 2009

LSFs

We have three LSFs (Little Snot Factories) in our home. It's gross when they are in full production. I find myself wanting to flee when aid is required. I just don't have the stomach for it. Gross, gross, gross--that is all the detail I am going to give you.

The other morning Jake, who is the champion LSF in the house, came into my bedroom, climbed on the bed, and then left product on my favorite blanket. He laughed as he did it. I took the blanket straight to the washer. I just bought a new spread for the bed and I'm very leery of letting any of the LSFs near it. It's difficult washing a king-sized spread. It's also difficult keeping three toddlers off the bed.

Sometimes they shut down production at night and you think the worst is over, but then in the morning mid-way through breakfast they start in again and you know it's going to be another day spent chasing LSFs trying to protect the couches and cloth chairs, not to mention your wardrobe. There's nothing like looking in the mirror and seeing...well, you know what smeared all over the shoulder area of your shirt. Gross.

On Sunday we kept the LSFs home from church so they wouldn't contaminate the nursery. Not everyone is so considerate, but we try to do what's right. It was a good decision because not only were they LSFs, but they were cranky LSFs.

Unbelievable. I started writing this post this morning, but was interrupted. (Living with toddlers life is one constant interruption.) Just a few minutes ago we had the most unbelievable LSF incident. Kara complained of stepping on something wet in the mudroom and when we investigated further...a puddle lying in wait on the floor deposited by our champion LSF. See why he's the champ? He has an unbelievable production rate. GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! I am not paid enough to deal with this....well...when not in LSF mode I do enjoy getting hugs and kisses and cuddles from the grandchildren.

I am NOT posting photos of LSFs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is LSF little snot flingers? we can not figure it out here.... 3 nurses unvolved...

Kara said...

so close! I like it. :-) I believe Grandma was going for little snot FACTORIES!! yucko, huh?!