Monday, September 28, 2009

Future Tennis Player (or Badminton?)




To the uninformed, this may look like a magnifying glass.  Or, perhaps, you were simply wondering what on earth it is?

I, the misguided Mom, picked it up at the toy store a couple weeks ago when they were having their big anniversary sale.  I thought the kids would get a kick out of wandering around and inspecting objects up close.  They did, for a couple days.  They got big laughs out of looking at thumbs, food, and hair under the magnifying glass.

Today, however, this toy was commandeered and repurposed by my 2 year old boy child.  He discovered that when he combines this toy with a nice plastic ball he can achieve bliss!  He has quite the swing.  He pops the ball in the air with one hand, swings back with the other hand, and then, with grace, (no I'm not biased) he sends the ball flying.  Sometimes he even throws in a little swing of his leg for some extra pizazz.

I think he's going to make a great tennis player!  

1 comment:

Merri Ann said...

Just found your blog today and I'm really enjoying the photos. I'm jealous of your weather ... the fall scenes are beautiful.

My b/g twins turn 3 this weekend and my singleton is older by 15 months. They are all so close in size now that most people assume I have triplets ... I imagine this is probably happening to you also.

Thanks for sharing your pics ... I really enjoyed them.