Monday, November 16, 2009

Excuses, Excuses! Here Are Ours:

I noticed that Kara has not posted a reason for the blog's very dismal track record the past two weeks. We do have one--a really good one, too.

Our household has been snowed under with medical problems. Great-grandma had a total knee replacement on October 29th. She came home from the hospital on November 2nd and required a fair amount of aid.

Then Jake came down with croup on November 5th in the AM hours. Croup is always worst at night. Later that day his mom took him to the doctor's office to get some medication to help him breathe more easily. He's doing better, but he still has a cough and a runny nose.

On November 6th (again in the AM hours) Matt had to take Kara to the emergency room because she had an ectopic pregnancy. She had to have surgery, but was released home that afternoon. We're glad she didn't have to spend time on a hospital ward, but the anesthesia, blood loss, and pain medication knocked her out for the entire week afterwards. She's still not back to normal ten days later.

Meanwhile Bentley and eventually Viva, too, developed severe head colds. Like most toddlers, they do not like being sick and are therefore cranky a lot more than usual. Not so much fun.

After spending lots and lots of time comforting cranky, sick toddlers, I finally succumbed to the vile cold germ. I, like the toddlers, am not very happy when I'm coughing and coughing and blowing my nose endlessly. I and the kidlets are going through multiple boxes of Kleenex. (Do you think there's a market for used Kleenex collages?....attribute that last idea to too much cold medication.)

Last Thursday my twin sister Jean flew in from Juneau to help us out for a week. We haven't been taking very good care of great-grandma since we all got sick. Thank you Jean!

I promise more entertaining blogs to follow. (Just be glad I won't be delivering them in person with all my nasty cold germs spewing forth with every hacking cough.)

1 comment:

Sam said...

Kara, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.