Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Concert 2009

Last year Matt & Bentley headed downtown for the annual free Christmas Concert put together by the military up here as a community thank you event.

Back when I was young (oh so long ago!) it was a family tradition to go every year.  I thought it would be fun to do with the kids, but last year (ok, and the year before!) I figured my little ones weren't QUITE old enough to appreciate it!  So Bentley made it through half of the performance last year.

This year all 3 kids went (and Grandma Karen and her Aunt Margaret!).  We made it through the entire show, although Viva ended up in the hall with Matt for the last 5 songs.  So close.  :-)  Bentley was very good.  He seemed to enjoy it.  Jake was good - he paid rapt attention.  I think out of the 3 of them he appreciated the music the most.  Viva?  She liked parts of it.  She also liked talking.  And trying to dance.  She has trouble sitting still.

Nonetheless, we had fun.  And we'll be back next year.  Maybe I'll even be able to talk Matt into a late night breakfast for dinner run after the event next year?  The slightly loud and slightly cranky and slightly tired children in our backseat on the way home weren't helping me close that particular pitch this year.  :-)

No comments: