Sunday, January 24, 2010

Conversations from today

Walking into church, Viva was checking out the picture of Christ knocking at the door:

"Mommy, Jesus is STILL knocking at the door!!!".

Walking down the hall in church, as we're getting ready to leave because the twins are having melt downs in nursery.  I asked Viva why she didn't want to say in nursery:

"There's no liquor there!".

And, yes, people heard her.  Sheeesh!  She really needs to work on her licorice word pronunciation.  Could be hard to explain the liquor thing... :-)

Jake, during the ENTIRE Sacrament meeting:

"I am ALL done with nursery.  No more.  Take me home" (sorry kid, you have almost a full year more to go!).

Bentley, in the car, having a conversation with me about his birthday cake.  I asked what kind he wants:

"One with NO frosting, Mommy".

Okay, I guess.... but what KIND of cake do you want?

"A yellow cake!"

I was okay with that, although puzzling how to decorate the yellow cake without frosting (it feels wrong!).

Then he changed his mind:

"Maybe an orange cake.  Or blue?"

I guess he didn't know yellow was a flavor.  I thought he was being extra cake savvy, but really we were just playing a color game!

1 comment:

Sam said...

http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake make this cake for his birthday, all the colors of the rainbow and I'm sure would hold up all on it's own without frosting :) Super cute kids!