Thursday, June 03, 2010

Jake's Rough Life

Our Jake is a cute little guy.  A very, very cute little guy.  I love his round cheeks and his little chin and his big round eyes.  He can, on occasion, be quite charming.

Lately, however, he has been practicing VERY hard on his next big milestone:

becoming a terrible three!

Jake wakes up angry.  He heads downstairs and turns on the clingy neediness.  He gets into a few fights.  He takes a nap, and wakes up grumpy and tired.  He's a mess!

Here's a conversation I had with him earlier today.  He was dancing around (he does a GREAT bathroom dance - he insists he doesn't need to go, but, as Bentley puts it "he acts like he does").  So, he was dancing around - and I suggested he go use the toilet.  He said:


"NO THANK YOU, NO I WON'T, I DON'T WANT TO, OKAY? Okay?!  OKAY?!".


I told him it wasn't okay, and suggested he head on into the bathroom.  He said:


"I don't like you anymore!  Lets FIGHT!"


2 minutes later he's screaming because he wants to be held!  Of course, he still hasn't used the bathroom.


This kid is drivin' us crazy!

I'm hoping he outgrows it by the time he turns 3.  We have a few weeks to go, so I (and everyone else in the house) might get lucky... right?  We sure love him, whatever mood he wants to be in, but we'd love to have our always  happy and fun little man back!

No comments: