Friday, October 01, 2010

Ballerina for a Day


Viva had a chance to go to Cassidy's ballet class with her yesterday, it was "Bring your Friend" day.  She was quite excited about it.

A few weeks ago she came home from Grandma Karen's and told me that she had seen some ballerines on TV, and that she thought they could do some pretty funny things.  It was cute the way she brought it up and said it... she seemed intrigued.  :-)

On Wednsday night she was grilling me about a tutu.  I told her she could wear her pink skirt.  But then she said: "And do we have any pink lace up slippers with ribbons"?  I had to tell her no on that count.  Where do they come up with this stuff?  I'm pretty sure it wasn't me, must be one of her books!

Anyway.  Thursday morning we did her hair up in a bun (Cassidy's request, she wanted them to match!) and sent her off with Amrita.  The girls did leaping and twirling and hopping and an A plus version of the splits (according to Amrita).  The boys?  Patrick, Bentley, and Jake spent an hour chasing eachother around with axes and swords and ending up in pile after pile of shrieking gleeful toddler boy.

All the kids had a great time, but Geneveieve cried when she ended up back at home after dance class.  She wanted to go home with Cassidy and Amrita!!

Last night she tried batting her eyes at me and telling me that she would like to be a ballerina.  We'll see... !

No comments: