Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mexico Report 5

Here it is the final report from Mexico. The kids are headed home this afternoon--back to cold Alaska. Are they ready to return? They have had a fantastic time, that is for sure, but there is no place like home and I know they miss me dreadfully by now, surely?!

Here are some last bits of intel about their trip passed on to us by Kara.

BEWARE CROCODILES
"We walked over by the Grand Mayan area today. I loved all the signs they have up near the lake areas warning of crocodiles. Makes you walk faster on the paths. LOL"

GOLDEN GIRL
Matt said: You have a very nice tan, Viva.
Viva said: Yes! I'm gold all over!

LIZARDS LARGE & SMALL
During our one phone conversation with the kids, Bentley wanted to tell me that he saw a gecko and an iguana. He was very precise with his pronunciation of these words. He said the gecko was small and the iguana was big. He also saw a big, black, hairy spider. Better him than me.

I MISS CHURCH!
Jake asked his mom why they weren't going to church on Sunday. He told her he misses church. Uh-huh...given the hassle he gives us at church, we aren't sure what to make out of his comment. Was he joking or serious?

ESPANOL, POR FAVOR
"The kids watched some kids' movie in Spanish tonight. The fact they can't understand it doesn't seem to phase them at all. Weirdoes!"

BEDTIME
"Viva & Jake are both in the full bed waiting for me (yippee?! LOL). The ability to "fight" over me is even more enticing than the bed in G&G's room, apparently. :-)"

SUNSCREEN
"I can't say I'm not excited that tomorrow (or Wed morning?!) is the last big sunscreen application. The kids shriek when you do their faces. They shriek when you spray it on them and say "too cold, too cold!"."

FOOD & WATER
"Bentley has been living on corn flakes and noodles and white bread with butter and a few apples with peanut butter. The twins really like all the juice boxes I bought them to trick them into drinking more here. The day after we got here Viva said: "Mommy, this water is not as good as our water at home!". And that's the truth; she's right! Jake and Viva have been eating bananas like crazy, and cheerios, and peanut butter and jelly!"

WAVE POOL
"Bentley did the wave pool on his "own" today. Pretty funny to see that little kid on the huge inner tube - he does it belly side down, clinging to the tube while the waves bounce it all over. Jake wouldn't go in the waves, even holding onto me. Viva likes them with Matt."

CUTIES
"People keep telling me how adorable and precious and cute the kids are. I think it's because most of them are elderly and must be half deaf? If I had a mute button for them, I'd find them twice as charming as I already do! It's not very busy here, so there are some kids but not a whole lot."

HOME, SWEET HOME
"The kids really like it here in Mexico! Although one of them did tell me this is a nice place to visit, but they'd rather be cold than hot, and home is good! :-)"

No comments: