Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!

The boys won't wear pink frilly dresses for me (which is okay!), which means Viva is the star of the day.  :-)  Here she is modeling one of her new spring dresses.  Just because it's cold out doesn't mean we can't pretend spring is on the way, right?!

Matt & I went to the symphony and dinner for an early Valentine's date since he is in Barrow this week.  Apparently the kids questioned Grandma as to why we were out on a date since we're already married!  Silly kids.

On Saturday the boys took their Dad shopping - Bentley had told me earlier in the week that he and Jake had several ideas on what they wanted to get me for Valentine's Day, and they wanted to shop with Matt.  I'm not sure what got them talking about gifts as it isn't something I've brought up, but I can't complain.  They came into my room at 9 am on the dot to give me gift #1: a lovely drawing, which I will scan and write up the story for soon!

Today we're taking Grandma along and heading out to look at big kid beds, then we're off to McDonald's playland where Grandma is treating them to lunch and play time.  I tried to convince them they don't want to go, but it was to no avail.  They say it is SO FUN there.  :-)

Coming soon?  The lovely required pink and red artwork from the year!

No comments: