Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bentley and Oliver Moon


Bentley has been busy, busy busy.  Last Thursday I went to a big curriculum fair here in Anchorage.  I mostly collected fliers so I can over analyze all the options and agonize before coming to decisions... but, I did buy one or two things!

I purchased Bentley a set of books from Usborne (I love that company!), a "young Harry Potter" series called Oliver Moon.  It's for 7-10 year olds, and the books are all 90-100 pages.  I brought the set home last Thursday and as of today, Wednesday, Bentley has read 7 of them.  He's a boy on a mission.  He reads and reads and reads.  If I didn't bother him with other activities like math and spelling and writing and swimming and gymnastics and eating... well, I'm sure he'd be all done with the books already.

I couldn't be happier!  I asked him yesterday what his favorite learning activity is in the mornings and he told me reading.  Because he LOVES to read and it is FUN.  I think those are great adjectives to describe reading!  And bonus?  He tells me math is a close 2nd favorite activity.  I told him that he & I will continue to get along well, as those happen to be 2 of my favorite subjects too.

Off to go find him another engaging series to devour. 

No comments: