Monday, April 14, 2014

New Ukuleles



After the boys faithfully attended ukulele night with him for months, Opa decided they needed better sounding ukuleles. When we bought the children ukuleles last fall they were nice sounding ones...for the price point. I asked Opa if the new ukuleles were truly a reward for the boys or if he really purchased them because he was tired of listening to lower quality instruments being strummed next to him on ukulele night? He just laughed at my question without responding.

Whatever the reason, Opa and Bentley and Jake researched new ukuleles for weeks. They listened to sound files on the Internet. They looked at different wood grains. Opa read reviews. After much agonizing they picked out their favorites and the order was placed. 


Here the boys are playing their new ukuleles:



I know that Bentley is making funny faces. It's not easy being a photographer. Sometimes you have to work with difficult subjects.

PS I now have nine ukuleles in my bedroom. Opa bought himself a smaller ukulele to travel with...because he travels so often? (NOT true.) I told him he has to get rid of one or two of the children's old ukuleles. I am tired of ukuleles cluttering my bedroom floor. We have to leave them out (and not stored away) so the children are enticed to play with them. (I'm not enticed...why is that?)

No comments: