Tuesday, April 01, 2014

No Foolin': He's 18 Months Old!


Evan is a year and a half old today!  We had cupcakes to celebrate.  He doesn't have a LOT of words, but I think he approved (he ate four - in my defense, they are mini cupcakes!).

What's there to know about our Evan?  Here is my random trivia:
  • He's fiery and passionate.  I believe he has twice the temper of his older brother Jake... and that's sayin' something! :)
  • If you try to go upstairs (or downstairs, for that matter) without him he'll scale the gate to join you.  That's a first around here (gate scaling).  My older three never thought to climb the gate and Lincoln preferred holding his breath until he fell over.
  • He has a great wave.
  • He does a mean center split.  Just like his older sister.
  • He is always SO happy in the morning.  He has a great big smile.
  • When he wants something sometimes he stomps his foot.
  • When he wants a snack, in a particular place, he'll point to the food and then go tap the location I'm to put it down.  Cuteness.
  • He jabbers and has a lot to say, we just don't understand it all.
  • Evan is always in motion.  Always.  He's not a cuddler.
  • He doesn't stand for exclusion due to age discrimination.  He stands up against it with great vigor.
  • When he is done with his food he throws it.
  • He still has straps on his high chair.  I'm fairly certain the rest of my children had them removed by this age, but Evan has to be confined or he climbs on the big chairs and shakes them.  I'm hoping to avoid stitches.
  • He still dances on the table.  Despite my many requests to cease and refrain.
  • He gives the cat and his giraffe blankie daily kisses.  The rest of us get them on special occasions (or if we ask!).
  • He's becoming a much better driver (on his motorized car).

We sure do enjoy our Evan!

Evan with his twins:


My attempt at getting a picture of Evan and Bentley (he did NOT cooperate):


Evan and Lincoln, you ask?  Zero cooperation at this particular photo shoot. :)  Although, for the record, Lincoln does refer to Evan as HIS baby.

We love you SO much, spunky little man!

No comments: