Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Dinner Helper


Genevieve likes to help in the kitchen.  I know some books claim that if children are involved in the food prep process they're more likely to try the food.... I haven't noticed that to be true, but she does have fun helping me when I make the time/let her.

A few weeks ago I saw a really simple looking recipe on line for ham tarts, and I thought it looked like the perfect project for a child.  Sure enough, it was!

I'm no food photographer, but I assure you they looked (and tasted) delicious in "real life"!


It's hard to remember the kids are getting older and capable of helping in many ways that little peeps can't.  I'm trying to do better with expanding my "vision" of what they can do though.  Next up we're going to go crazy and make pizza!

No comments: