Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beanie Baby Bonanza


Last month I went to the thrift store to find some shirts to make a scrap quilt. At the thrift store were three large laundry baskets filled with Beanie Babies in like new condition. I picked out a few for the children and then remembered my friend Mary who donates hundreds of blankets to different organizations that serve children in crisis. She makes a quick quilt and adds a stuffed animal. I called her to see if Beanie Babies were something she wanted. She did. I bought them all. I let the children pick out one each. They had a hard time choosing, but eventually they settled on:

Bentley: a snake 

Jake: a monkey

Lincoln: a parrot

Viva: a lynx

Evan: wouldn't choose (we kept a kitty for him)

Me: a dragon


I passed the remaining 169 on to Mary. She and I split the cost.

No comments: