Thursday, May 07, 2015

Railroad Architecture

If you have four grandsons, a wooden train set is a great investment. It gets a lot of use. Of course, I do the majority of building train layouts when they are younger. They help, but I have to work with them or they get frustrated and their track doesn't connect back in a loop like they want it to. However, when they get older they build fantastic layouts--if only to prove they are better railroad architects than I am!

Evan conned Opa into helping him build this super simple layout.

I helped L & E build this layout.

If I am in a really indulgent mood, I build more elaborate layouts. 

For really great layouts, the boys have to recruit their brother Jake! Usually Jake starts with a simple layout I've built and he improves it.

No comments: