Monday, January 16, 2012

Jean & Sarah


My twin Jean and her daughter Sarah came to visit for the holiday weekend. Whenever Jean comes from out-of-town the rest of the extended family in the area rush over to see her. I think Jean sees more of them than we do! So because Jean and Sarah were staying with us the past four days, we had a lot of visitors. Karla came Friday evening with Koltan and Cheyenne. Koltan was a good sport and played chess with Bentley. That same evening cousin Anna and Ben came over. Ben played chess with Bentley, too. After the family left, Bentley coerced Sarah into helping him make birthday decorations. (It's opa's birthday on Monday.) I don't think Sarah had any idea of how hard Bentley would work her.

The next evening cousin Adam and Mel stopped by. Adam played two games simultaneously one against Jake and one against Bentley. I think I heard him say he made the same move on both boards to keep it simple. (Seems like you could get into trouble doing that?) Anyway, Bentley has totally enjoyed all the visitors. Lincoln, not so much. He's starting to be fearful of new faces.

This post was titled Jean and Sarah but I've written mostly about their visitors! My main point is that Jean and Sarah were here and we visited with them between their social engagements. *grin*

No comments: