Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Genevieve's Hidden Math Skills

Genevieve can be my "problem" child when it comes to discussing math.  She likes to mess with me, and shrugs her shoulders with a somewhat bewildered look at times when I ask her a (seemingly) simple question that her twin can answer - and that I think she knows the answer to too!

But today she accidentally revealed skills.  Oops.  We were having a discussion on the "tickets" involved in the newest rendition of Kara attempts chore organization.  I was explaining to her that if she managed to accomplish all her jobs for the day, the next day she would get a ticket she could use for 20 minutes on the iPad.

She looked at the ticket.  She thought for a minute.  Then she said:

"So does that mean that if I saved my tickets for 6 days I could play on the iPad for TWO hours?!".

Clever girl.  Addition and some knowledge of hours and minutes, all in once sentence.  I'm reassured.  :)

No comments: