Friday, May 18, 2012

She Bikes!


Wednesday Viva finally consented to let her father teach her to ride her bike. She likes to teach herself how to do things, but she wasn’t trying to learn how to bike on her own. She was just avoiding her bike. But then, for whatever reason, she decided she wanted to learn and she allowed Matt to give her a few pointers and she was riding on her own within the hour.

Yesterday I went out so she could show me her new skills. She's a speed demon. She likes to go down the driveway with its slight decline. The boys were leery of it for a few days after learning to bike on their own. Not Viva. She tackled the driveway before she mastered biking. That's Viva!

She and Jake were out doing circle on the main driveway and I felt like I was in the middle of a game of chicken. I did not know which way to dive when they aimed their bike at me. Would they turn? Would I be mowed down? I made a mad dash for the porch. Crazy four year olds!


No comments: