Sunday, May 06, 2012

He Bikes!

Bentley figured out how to bike yesterday. YES! Three weeks ago we gave the trio their first biking lessons. Then Matt left town and the children had the flu. There was maybe (?) one more biking session before today when Matt worked with them again. Whatever he did with Bentley worked great because by the time I came home from shopping Bentley could bike in tight circles. I knew that boy didn’t need training wheels and now he knows it, too. Great job, B!

Jake also had a lesson with his dad and he is doing much better, but he needs a little more practice. Since Bentley can bike in circles, Jake tries to bike in circles, too, but he needs to perfect his straightaway biking first.

Viva? I heard she had a short lesson but was easily distracted. I had my money on her as being the first one to bike, so I'm rather disappointed in her lackluster performance. I should have remembered Viva Rule #1: Viva does what Viva wants. I have to figure out how to make her want to learn to bike. She's not going to do it to impress me or her dad, that's not her style.

No comments: