Monday, June 03, 2013

8 Months Old



Evan is 8 months old!  It's nice to have a baby with a birthday on the 1st day of the month, it is very easy to remember all these milestones.

Evan is officially our longest lasting toothless baby.  I keep waiting for some teeth to appear but, alas, nothing yet.  I find it a bit disconcerting because in my head I have *real* food tied to teeth, so what am I to do with a baby with no teeth?!  I'm working on it.

Baby boy has a great smile and has turned into a speed crawler.  He is starting to hold his own when *lovingly approached* by older siblings (aka Lincoln or Jake) and pushes back a bit if they get in his face too much!  He pulls up on everything he can - the fridge, the couch, legs, tables, chairs... I'm just waiting for him to figure out he can stand without holding onto those things, because he has great balance.  Evan can play quietly (or not so quietly, sometimes he chuckles to himself) for long periods of time - but when he's done?  He lets us know in a loud voice!

Evan does NOT like to fall asleep in the evening.  Although he is a fifth child he is also the baby, which means he is pampered.  We don't make him scream it out.  He gets cuddled to sleep with someone - normally Grandma.  Lately he has been perfecting his whimpering dog noise, which he uses while gnawing on his pacifier and refusing to sleep.  Or, if almost asleep, he will start throwing his head back and forth and arch, then add in some pathetic (yet ear piercing) cries to ensure he wakes himself up.  I told him it's a bit late in life to develop colic.  Hopefully he takes my input to heart and reforms soon.

Evan likes... pear yogurt and banana oatmeal.  He also likes bread and lemon bars.  He's not too sure about green beans or carrots, but, to tell the truth, I don't think much of them in a pureed form either.  I tried adding butter but they still taste bizarre.  I told him not to stress about it.  :)

And that's all the random Evan trivia that I have for the day!

No comments: