Friday, June 28, 2013

New PJs

The children have been suffering at night because it is too hot and they don't have enough sets of summer weight pajamas. They don't usually need more than two or three sets of light weight pajamas to get from one laundry day to the next. Not this summer! Because of this problem I decided to go shopping at our local Kohl's store during their summer solstice sale.


I didn't buy Evan pajamas because I ran out of time before the Early Bird special ended. Kohl's is an interesting place to shop. They always have a sale going on. Some days there is an additional discount if you shop later in the evening (night owl special) or early in the day (early bird special). In addition if you use a Kohl's charge card, you always get an additional 15% off and occasionally you get 20% or even 30% off. AND--yes there is more!--on a really hot sale you get $10 of Kohl's cash for every $50 you spend. The Kohl's cash is for use at a later sale, not during the current sale, but it is "free money." It gets a little crazy! I got 30% off when using my charge card, so while Jake's lounge shorts were initially priced at $20, I only paid $5.60. Lincoln's little pajama set was $7.56 down from $24. Viva's pajamas were $5.98 and Bentley's were $6.30. Hmmm, I paid the most for the littlest guy's pajamas. What's with that?! Of course, when you're shopping for five children, it adds up to a significant sum even when the sale is fantastic like this one was.

I earned enough Kohl's cash to buy a few pieces of Fiestaware in lapis which hits the stores July 1st. AWESOME! Maybe I should buy the grandchildren a few more clothes? We never have enough jeans for the boys or dresses for Viva.

No comments: