Saturday, May 23, 2015

Armed and.... cute :)


Weapons class at karate is definitely been a highlight of the week for the boys!  This past week they were particularly thrilled because they have now started training with nun chucks!

Their karate gear bags are quite a sight (and a load, for that matter).  Sais, tonfas, and now nun chucks.  Fighting gear in blue.  Fighting gear in red.  Helmets.  Bos.... :)

Out of all the weapons I have been the most apprehensive of the nun chucks - it seems to me you could easily hit yourself in the back of the head or on the front of the face with a fast swinging piece of wood.  Sure enough, we brought home the nun chucks and within one minute Jake had attacked his own head!  I suggested he wear a helmet to practice while getting used to them, but he assured me that was unnecessary.  I hope his brain agrees.

That being said, they are already getting much better with them.  And having a great time learning new skills and defense.  I love it - and so does Lincoln.  He is quite jealous and wonders when he will get his own weapons.  I told him it will be a little while.... !

No comments: