Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Go Away!"

Bentley uses this phrase a lot. He usually means "Come here!" (I.e. "You go away with me!") When he wants your help with something (opening the fridge, reaching into a high cupboard, taking the lid off the chocolate chip jar, etc.) and when you don't respond quickly enough to his request/demand, he will grab your hand or your clothing and drag you along.



He's pretty strong, so it's best to get moving quickly. If I'm holding Jackson or Genevieve, I ask him to give me a minute to put the baby down first. He's usually pretty accommodating since it means I'm abandoning his sibling and he'll get my full attention. :-)

He is starting to talk more every day, but since the adults in his life are quite lame at interpreting some of his longer sentences, he is forced to action more often than not. Surely by the time the twins start talking we will be experts at interpreting toddler yak? Unless, of course, they create their own twin language. (As a twin myself, I should have an edge in understanding them?)

No comments: