Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A New Reign of Terror


When Bentley was the twins' age, he was friends with our cat Pharaoh. He and Pharaoh liked each other quite a bit--or so I like to think. We have some lovely photos of Bentley and Pharaoh playing together. When Pharaoh died last April I had enough photos to make a nice memorial photo book filled with Bentley and Pharaoh photos.

Bentley and Nefertiti have never been very close. Nefer tries to keep it that way. For the most part Bentley respects her wishes. Usually she makes herself scarce when the little ones come to visit. I'm predicting that we will be seeing even less of her in the coming months.

And it's not just the cat that is in for a hard few months. Kara tells me that Jackson was after the plants this afternoon. He was determined to become better acquainted with the umbrella plant in their living room. The poor plant hasn't the ability to flee like my cat does. It's inevitable that both Kara and I will be doing some serious rearranging in our homes in the very near future. Bentley was quite active, but he left plants alone. The odds are against both Jackson and Genevieve being so accommodating.

No comments: