Saturday, November 08, 2008

Green It Is!

Recently Kara told me that Jake insists on the green bottle when he's given milk. He refuses pink, purple, blue and red bottles. He wants green.

On their next evening visit I verified this color preference. I heated up bottles for the threesome. I had a green, a red, and a purple bottle. I held out the purple bottle and Jake shunned it. He stepped back wanting no part of it. The same thing happened when I held out the red bottle. He held firm for the bottle with the green screw band.

The following night when I was at Kara's I decided to do an experiment. She has bottles with lids in different shades of blue-green. I filled up three bottles and put a pastel green, a turquoise, and a teal lid on them. I heated them up in the microwave and by the time they were warm enough I had a crowd at my feet waiting for the bottles.

Bentley asked for the green bottle, so I gave it to him. (Jake can't speak clearly yet so he was at a distinct disadvantage.) I gave Viva the turquoise bottle and then handed Jake the teal one. He took it willingly and shoved it in his mouth. Okay, I thought, green/teal he doesn't care.

Then he saw that Bentley had the pastel green bottle and he started protesting. He kept sucking on the teal bottle, but he made it clear he was UNHAPPY. He wanted the green bottle that his brother had possession of. Fortunately there was a second green band, so I switched the teal for the green and averted a wrestling match

GREEN IT IS!

Below is an older photo from before the green period.


(Last night Matt heated up three bottles, none of which were green. Jake was okay with a blue bottle. His preference only surfaces if the green is in sight.)

No comments: