Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bubble Fun

This afternoon we asked Jake and Viva if they wanted to go out on the back deck and chase bubbles. Jake immediately danced his way to the front door with giggles of delight. This wasn't in response to the word bubbles--he can't possibly remember the last time we played with bubbles--but it was the idea of going outdoors that excited the little tyke. He and his twin eschewed the back deck and demanded release to the front driveway.

Kara blew bubbles for them and they were participatory until Jake saw his new favorite puddle and headed straight for it. "NO!", we all shouted. Friday when he went outside for playtime he jumped and jumped in the puddle until his pants and shoes were soaking wet. This is not good when the temperatures are only in the low 40s!


I attempted to recreate the American Gothic photo this afternoon, but (as usual) my models were completely uncooperative.


I'm going to keep at it until I get a good American Gothic pose with the toddler twins. I need to find a child-size pitchfork. The plastic hoe I handed Jake this afternoon didn't work at all. I'm going to dress the twins more appropriately, too. Jake needs overalls and a suit coat. He has both items. Viva needs a somber dress which she does not own despite the dozens of dresses in her wardrobe. Somber toddler dresses are hard to find! (Do the Amish have a website?) A child-size pitch fork will be hard to find, too...unless the costume store has a little devil costume with a pitchfork prop?

1 comment:

jhl said...

I love this: "Do the Amish have a website?" Honestly, someone Amish probably does, but that sounds so ironic! I definitely want to see this American Gothic remake when you get it executed....