Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Big Tub

The kids haven't used the big Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom for quite some time, so last week I decided to clean it out because the pipes fill with brownish water when it isn't used regularly. I filled the tub with warm water and added some Cascade dishwashing detergent to help clean out the jet pipes. After emptying the tub I filled it with cold water to rinse out the Cascade. Viva wandered in and said she wanted to take a bath. I told her she was welcome to climb in, but it was awfully cold. She stripped down and then changed her mind after dipping just one foot in. She wanted warm water. Picky! Picky! I told her if she walked across the tub of cold water, I'd drain it and fill it with warm water. She looked dubious, but decided the prize was worth the effort. She waded across and back and demanded her prize.

I drained the tub and started filling it with warm water. She climbed in. Jake soon joined her and then Bentley climbed in, too. Usually they take baths near bedtime so the time allowed in the bath tub is limited, but it was late afternoon when this bath took place and they stayed in the tub for an hour playing and splashing and then I turned the jets on and they played for another half hour.

It's good to change up your routines.




No comments: