Friday, June 15, 2012

1 month to 1 year!

Just one more month until baby Lincoln turns 1!  Can I still call him a baby, even though he now toddles?  :)



He is charming (and a bit quirky).

He likes to jabber.  I think he might have some words, I just don't know what they are!  Beyond "hi ya", "hi", "mommy", and "daddy".  I think I heard "no" the other day but I'm going to pretend I didn't. Today he MAY have been saying "soft", over and over, while head butting the cat.  Or maybe I'm just assigning that word based on context?  :)  Either way, he likes to talk.  He had a 5 minute conversation with his Dad on the phone earlier this week, and was talking (and leaving space for Matt to reply) the whole time!  

Great-Grandma is a favorite.  She's a captive audience and he knows it!  She's also engaging, which I'm sure helps.  :)  He has long conversations with her, and brings her toys and books.  In particular the shape sorter.  They've spent hours on it together.  :)  

He's getting tooth #9!  I can see it.  I'm hoping that's why he's been throwing his food instead of eating it, and why he's kept me up the last three nights.  Either that or he's turning into a serious night owl... which is not impossible based on his genes.

He is fast!  And inquisitive.  And normally cheerful.  He'll play by himself, but he also definitely finds his siblings entertaining.

In the interest of being non-biased I should disclose he's a bit rough on books.  I'm sure it's just a phase.

He looks good in green:


And last, but not least... he is a great soccer player.  He kicks kicks kicks his ball around.  When he can get it away from his brothers, that is!


Happy 11 months, big guy!

No comments: