Thursday, June 21, 2012

Band-aid Lost

Yesterday I took Jake and Bentley out for a bike ride. We had a great time. I was surprised how well Jake kept up with Bentley and I because his bike only has 12" tires. We started and ended our bike ride at a playground area. When we finished the ride I watched Jake play on the play equipment while Bentley did a few loops around the play area on his bike.

As Jake came down the slide his new band-aid slipped off his thumb. Jake was sure he lost it at the end of the slide so he started digging in the wood chips to find it. He had no luck. I told Jake it was okay that the band-aid was lost because he couldn't put it back on his thumb since it was dirty now. Jake would not give up his search. He insisted I join him. I didn't. He searched for ten minutes all the while howling/chanting "Band-aid! Band-aid!" He continued his chant the entire drive home. His mom put him in time-out upstairs after listening to him for a few minutes. Jake is relentless.

Today I took the children to the library where they have outdoor music on Thursdays. While Jake was sitting down on the blanket he found his lost band-aid. There it was stuck to the bottom of his shoe. He thought that was pretty funny.


After the library fun I took the children to get a free slice of bread at Great Harvest. (I bought a loaf of bread, so the slices weren't really free.) Jake was chowing down on his red, white & blue bread when it slipped out of his hand and fell on the floor. I scooped it up and told him he couldn't finish it because it was dirty. He started getting worked up about my edict and I flash-backed to the band-aid episode. I checked out the floor where the bread had fallen. It looked clean enough, so I handed the bread back to Jake.


No comments: