Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bentley and the Bee

No, this isn't a story about getting stung by a bee.  Those stories belong to my mother and my husband!

Bentley, it would appear at first glance, has a strange fascination with bees.  We have been working through a grammar and writing program and there are lots of fill in the blank/finish the sentence type of exercises.

I have lately noticed that there are an unusual number of bees filling in the blanks on his assignments.  Which seems odd to me, given his large vocabulary and the so many other words that exist!  Odd unless you really really like bees, right?

Or, as he tells me, unless you like writing the word bee.  Because you've figured out it's very quick and easy.  It's his standby answer he tells me - if he can fit it in the blank he does.  Then he doesn't have to keep thinking of other words.

Should I be concerned about his lack of creativity, and "corner cutting"?  Or should I be impressed at his cleverness?!

:)

No comments: