Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Boys' Idaho Trip

Jake and Bentley traveled to Idaho with their father on the Fourth of July. They stayed a week and when they returned Kara was in the hospital and life became rather crazy for the household, so the trip to Idaho was never blogged about. Since I don't know how long it will take Matt to put something together, I thought I'd do a quick interview with the boys about the trip. I interviewed them this past week, four weeks after the trip.

 I asked Jake to tell me about his trip to Idaho. He said: "It was really sunny."

"We went camping in the mountains for two days."

Bentley interrupted Jake at this point: "No, Jake. We were there for two and a half days."

Once the record was set straight, Bentley went back to reading and I continued to quiz Jake about the trip. I asked him what they did in Idaho. "We played with the kids." (Their second cousins--Matt's cousins' children.)

"We rided on the 4-wheelers."

"We got to drive with Dan and play soccer and play go fish." (This must have been on the camping trip.)

"We were at grandma's two houses. One was for storage and that's the one where Grandpa Tim and us sleeped." (It was actually Jake's great-grandma's house.)

"And I read the whole Little Bear book on my own really fast. It didn't take a long time." (The book is a collection of three Little Bear books each one of which is over 60 pages long.)

 I then made Bentley take time out from reading to tell me a few things about the trip. "We got to go on 4-wheelers."

"I saw a frog next to a mud puddle." (Frogs are rare in Alaska. My twin emailed me last week about a frog she saw in Juneau. Frog sightings are rarer than moose or even bear sightings.)

"I got to sleep in a bed by myself."

Jake interrupted Bentley to add: "Two more nights I got to sleep with him. And we got to sleep in a camper." (This was on the aforementioned two and half day camping trip.)

Bentley concluded with: "I got to play baseball and climb trees." (Climbing trees are also rarer than moose.)

Sometime we will get some photos from the trip from Matt.

No comments: