Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ukulele Prodigies?

The other day I went upstairs and allowed Evan to follow me. (He screams very loudly when you shut the gate and leave him locked on the main floor.) I went into my bedroom closet, leaving Evan alone in the bedroom for a minute. The next thing I heard was the sound of a ukulele being strummed. This is what I found:



Did you notice how he was both strumming and plucking the strings? Isn't he the cutest? His brother Bentley (whose ukulele he borrowed) did not think so. When I showed Bentley the photo of Evan playing his ukulele, he did this to Evan: 


This afternoon Jake and Bentley had a great conversation about ukuleles. Bentley stated that everyone (meaning all the children) in the family play the ukulele. Jake questioned whether Evan does--but as you saw we have proof that Evan does play. Jake then told Bentley that he was trying to teach Lincoln how to play the ukulele but Lincoln wasn't very good at playing the C chord that Jake had tried to teach him. Bentley asked Jake if perhaps that was because Lincoln wasn't trying to play a C chord, maybe he was practicing a D7 chord instead? Jake pondered that for a moment and then agreed that maybe Lincoln did know some chords that he (Jake) didn't know.

No comments: