Monday, June 09, 2014

The Racers!


My oldest three did their first 3k on Thursday.  As part of the running group the boys have joined they get free entrance into eight different kids races this summer.  I had no idea there were that many kids races.  Who knew?  Not me!  I asked Viva if she wanted to do the race with the boys and she said yes, so I signed her up too!

When we showed up it was obvious we were the newbies - I saw lots of shirts with logos from other races, and realized I have stumbled into a new *world* of fun.  :)  But we're game for new experiences!  It was a beautiful day out at Hilltop and we had a fun evening out in the sun together.

How did the kids do?  I'm still waiting on official race results, but I'd guess there were 50ish kids in the 3k division.  The fastest came in in the 12 minute time range, and I was surprised to see Jake and Bentley in the first 10 finishes - they came in just under 15 minutes!  Not bad for 2 "running classes" under their belts, right?!


What about my little Viva, you ask?  Well... she sauntered back to the finish line at about minute 25.  Apparently she was enjoying looking at flowers along the way, and strolling at a more relaxed pace... ! (She tells me that her cheer shoes were not a good choice to run in, apparently not too comfy.  Oops.  We'll blame it on the shoes then!)


The boys are excited to check out some more races.  I'm glad we got out and tried something new!



No comments: