Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lincoln Trivia

Lincoln is working on potty training!  Exciting times.  I put it off in July because I was busy, and then I figured it was easier to NOT have a new to underwear three year old in tow on a plane so I decided to wait until after his trip to Idaho with Matt.

The disadvantage of waiting this long?  I'm pretty sure I"m a negligent parent.  :)

The advantage?  It's very simple.  One evening I told Lincoln that I was excited he was getting to be such a big boy, and that the next morning he would start wearing underwear and he'd love it.  He told me that he really didn't think he would love it, and I exercised my right to stretch the truth and told him that was too bad, but they don't make diapers for boys as big as he is anymore.  :)

And off we went!  He's done marvelous and thanks to the help of his good friends gummy bears and jelly beans it has been pain free and easy so far.  Next up is nap time and bed time training which I'm guessing will be just as easy!

Lincoln says some pretty funny things.  Last week I wrote down some of his zen wisdom from reading time.  We were reading the "It's Okay" book - a board book featuring all sorts of things that are okay (it's okay to be big, it's okay to be small... you get the idea!).

We got to the page that says "It's okay to be scared."  Lincoln interrupts with "No, it is not!  We should not be scared, we should be happy."   Cute, right?  A few pages later we got to "It's okay to cry."  And again he interrupted, with "No, it's not!  It's hard to cry and be happy at the same time."  :) I like his fixation on happiness.

Lately he is also fixated with being a big boy.   As in... "I'm a big boy so I don't need a nap."  Nice try, kiddo.

Other favorite expressions?  "I don't know what's in that".  Normally said half way through eating his food which he had been enjoying up to that point - chex, turkey sausage, cookies, you name it... he puts it down and when I ask him to finish it he comes back with "But I don't know what's IN it, Mommy... !"

Lincoln is my snuggle bug.  He wakes up in the middle of the night and likes to come snuggle up against my shoulder about half the time.  It's an easy way for us to get some quality time in together so I don't mind!

Lincoln is a crazy ham when it comes to singing and dancing time.  He has some crazy funky dance moves that no one else in the family does, they are original!

And that's it.  All the trivia I have for now!

No comments: