Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Work, Work, Work!

Since all our playmates left town, I decided we left here should get a little work done. On Monday L&E and I went outside to get grandma's newspaper and to put away the trikes, bikes and other yard toys on the porch. They were snowed on last week and we put them up there to dry off. Evan was furious with me because I insisted he use his coat hood and he did not like it. He stayed angry almost the entire time we were outside. 


Later that afternoon I removed all the chairs from the dining area so I could clean their felt pads and then mop the floor. I built a tent for the boys to play in. They have been really good buddies so far this week!




On Tuesday I decided we should go to Costco and stock up on a few things. Those few items filled the entire cart! When I got home I found I had duplicated some recent purchases of Kara's. Ah well, food storage is a good thing. While at Costco we checked out some of the toys newly stocked for Christmas. There was an adorable dinosaur I thought would make a good photo op with the boys. Unfortunately, Evan took one look at him and climbed out of the cart!


Lincoln then started jabbering about Pooh Bear. He wanted Pooh Bear he stated. I looked around and saw no bears. He directed me to this item:


I told him it wasn't Pooh, but he insisted it was. Furthermore, he really, really wanted to take him home. I said no. He's too big and we have far too many stuffed animals at home already. He was quite angry with me. 


Even after we got home, he kept bringing Pooh up. Both L&E fell asleep in the van on the way home. It's the first nap Lincoln has taken in over two weeks. (He's good about laying down, he just doesn't sleep.) I let them continue sleeping in the van when we got home and I put all the food away and did some cleaning in the garage.

Work, work, work. There is no lack of it. (Just a lack of time and energy.)

No comments: