Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bentley--Toddler Photographer

Occasionally (being the indulgent grandparents that we are) we allow Bentley to push buttons on opa's fancy camera. Opa insists that Bentley is too young to use the camera solo (it weighs quite a bit and is rather large and awkwardly balanced), so I help hold the camera while Bentley pushes the buttons. Boy does that flash do a number on your eyes. Ouch! Below is a sample of Bentley's work.


Can you tell a difference in style between the photos that his opa (or his mother) takes and those that Bentley takes? I rather like the angle and the cut off bodies. I tend to frame entire bodies or at least entire upper bodies in my photos, but perhaps I'll take a lesson from Bentley and not be so rigid in my viewpoint. His photo is quite dynamic, don't you think?

No comments: