Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Quest for the ideal infant carrier


After having Bentley I developed a fixation with baby carriers. At one point I owned 5 different types, in the hopes that one of them would be *the one*. No luck. I'm not sure if the problem was Bentley, me, or the fact that all of the carriers seemed a little awkward to get on and use. In any case, Bentley and I never got into the habit of using one.

Now there are 2 more little people at my house, and I'm on the hunt again. First, because it makes it easier to get out of the house if 1 baby is in a carseat, 1 is in a carrier, and then there is *just* Bentley to somehow keep track of. Second, because with 2 babies and 1 mom there is less time to rock in the chair while gazing lovingly at eachother. I want the twins to still be carried/held as much as possible, so I'm back to baby carriers.

When we go out we've settled on the Baby Bjorns. They are very easy to put on - it's a baby carrier for dummies. For home use? We're in love with our new baby sling! It's awesome. Light weight, easy to fold up, and easy to wear. Since I'm used to having a huge belly, it doesn't feel strange to walk around and do chores with a baby in a sling.

Apparently they can be used for children up to 35 lbs so I made Bentley try it out - it was a no go with him. Jackson and Genevieve are happy with their lovely pink and green carrier though. :-)

No comments: