Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A visit to the park


Bentley goes to the park quite often, so that alone isn't newsworthy. I might even be bold enough to say he goes daily! I, however, do not go to the park - it's always Dad or the Grandparents that go off to play with Bentley. This is mostly because I was huge and pregnant for the majority of this spring and summer, but also because I have a bad hip and don't really enjoy walks.

Today my Mother convinced me to head off to the park with the twins, Bentley, and her. I was to see for myself the amazing athletic prowess of my 18 month old. Needless to say, I was impressed!

However, on the way to the park we passed a big mean ugly and aggressive dog (can you tell I'm not always a dog fan?). The dog started out barking at us from a yard across the street, but after snarling from a distance decided to come across the street at us. We walked (quickly!) down a side street and after a bit the dog retreated to his territory. We made it to the park, enjoyed the sun and Bentley's skills, and I somehow managed to drag myself home again - it was hard work for someone not used to walking!

I'm off to the store to invest in a can of mace (a pistol might be overkill?!)and a pair of Heelies if they make them in adult sizes... :-)

No comments: