Monday, August 06, 2007

Space efficient child

Bentley had his 18 month check up today. Rather than say he's on the small side, although there's nothing wrong with that, I think I will say that for the time being he is continuing to be space efficient. There are advantages to this:

he's awfully awfully cute and adorable
he's easier to cart around
he's certainly cheap to provide food for :-)

He is currently 31 1/4 inches (15%), and 21 lbs 7 oz (5%). Almost exactly 2 lbs and 2 inches up from his 12 month check in, I'm not sure how he arranged that. My Dr., who is King of the Laid Back, assures me that this is okay and he will eat what he needs to. I'm a little irked, however, as he has so many clothes just waiting for him to GROW! At this rate it could be a while before we get to pull out the new boxes of garage sale treasures.

Here he is showing off the band aids from today's immunizations:

Other than no resolution to my ever lingering question of how to force a child to eat more, the appointment went well. Bentley is healthy and developing as he should be, and we're blessed to have such a perfect child!

No comments: