Sunday, September 02, 2007

Blessing Day

We're members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and in our church it is customary for the fathers to give their infants blessings when they're young. We had the chance to have all my extended family join us at our ward yesterday, and Jackson and Genevieve were blessed. Genevieve wore the same dress I was blessed in, very cool! Here they are looking spiffy, all dressed up for their first day at church.

As happens quite often, one of the first pictures was the best - with 2 infants it's hard to get a good shot:


Here they are mid photo shoot, getting restless (or is it that they're resting?):


And, here they are telling us that the photo shoot is over:


Lastly, my artsy (not on purpose - the flash didn't go off!) shot of Bentley enjoying the photo shoot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara! Cute pics of my great- nephews and great-niece. One question--is the dress that Genevieve wearing for her blessing the one that your mom (my twin) wore when she and I were baptized into the Presbyterian church? My dresse are finally (they are over 40 years old--go figure!)starting to wear out. Anyway, take care and hugs and kisses to my greats! Love, Aunt Jeanie