Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I am a huge fan of goals so I always enjoy taking time at the start of the New Year to think about what's happened during the past year, and to try and visualize the future and come up with some goals for the upcoming year.

I've never before had any problems coming up with pages and pages of goals, the problem has always trying to pick out a few to focus on. This year, however, I find that all of my thoughts revolve around my kids and routines and schedules and making life easier! I'm obsessed! I keep coming up with task lists - train children to sleep through night, establish a firmer bed time with children, institute a more regular meal time routine with children, toilet train Bentley, start a playschool of some sorts for Bentley, make weekly trips to the library w/kids, ... and on and on and on. When I try to come up with a few actual goals that don't somehow involve my children my brain comes up short. :-)

I'm hoping that many of these items on my list will fall into place on their own, because I keep reminding myself there's only one really important item on my New Year's List this year: enjoy the time with my little ones! They won't be babies for long - and it's easy to get caught up in the frustrations of dealing with three small children and forget how truly blessed Matt and I are with our wonderful children.

Many of the tasks I keep coming up with for this New Year seek to add order to our life - which would be nice, but which isn't essential. I might give some of them a shot, but I'm trying to be more laid back. These children of ours were very very wanted, and are now very very loved. They drive me crazy sometimes but there isn't anywhere else I would rather be! So - this year - I hope to enjoy more of the moments and be able to let go of the frustrations more easily. I know time will keep flying right on by so I want us to capture all of the happy memories we can.

Good luck to us!

No comments: