Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baby Zilla

The past few weeks Genevieve has spent nearly as much time with the train set as Bentley. She's a one girl demolition crew. I put the track back together two or four or more times during a visit.

One night I could not recreate a closed circuit with the existing track. I was pretty sure there was a missing two inch piece of track. Mark finally figured out a way to make a complete circuit. We have more track we could pull out, but it's a matter of principle to be able to put our current layout back together without adding track. Surely we can undo the deconstruction of a nine month old?!

Turns out there was a missing piece. Ha! I found it a day later. Unfortunately, there was no place for it in Mark's new layout. Next time Genevieve came to visit, she tore out both ends of the track. It looked like a massive earthquake had hit. I had an extra eight inch segment after restructuring that disaster. It's not just that she yanks pieces off, she pulls the entire track out of alignment. Sometimes Jackson assists her, but she is the primary culprit. Jackson is content to rip a single piece out and then gnaw on it for five minutes, not so Genevieve. Bentley does not appreciate their work. (I'm not sure I do either!)

No comments: