Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twingles & Cupcakes

Yesterday morning I decided to make chocolate cherry cupcakes. I was ambitious and even went the extra mile, topping them off with homemade buttercream frosting! I was, of course, excited to provide my newest creation to the little tykes. Not surprisingly Bentley refused the cupcakes - I guess he was thinking they looked suspicious? I'm not sure!

Genevieve attacked her cupcake with gusto, shoving it into her mouth. We're not sure how much she actually ate as a large portion of it ended up in her bib/on the floor/on the high chair/smeared on her face... but she enjoyed herself, and that's what matters!


Jackson surprised me, and refused his cupcake! He tried picking it up a couple times, but the frosting and the whole tactile experience of the cupcake was NOT up his ally. He stared at it for a while, looking dubious at best, and only tried it when we fed it to him. This lack of desire for messiness reminds me of an older brother I know...


In any case, the baking was time well spent as watching the twins interact with their cupcakes provided good clean (hah!) entertainment. :-)

No comments: