Thursday, June 19, 2008

The incredible BOB

Let me introduce you to BOB. BOB lives with us, although we make him stay in the garage. BOB, as you can see, is the cool type of guy that likes to see his name in all caps. BOB spends a lot of time with the kids, travels on all our big adventures with us, and is always up for the job of holding the kids. BOB even enjoys coaxing my babies into napping! BOB and I get along well.

The BOB Revolution Duallie is the newest of my strollers. Since he's so awesome you may be wondering why I haven't introduced you to him yet. Well... I have a bit a stroller obsession, and as BOB was the 8th to join our fold I've had to work up the courage to mention him!

How can I explain?! I probably can't adequately explain.

Nonetheless, the whole sordid story of justification will follow in another post - stay tuned!

But for now, suffice it to say that this spring I succumbed to stroller envy and brought home BOB from REI. In my defense I'll throw out there that I scoured the Internet for the best deal on BOB, found a coupon, and then when BOB went on sale for even cheaper just a few weeks later - I went back for the additional refund!

I never thought I'd need a jogger stroller. I'm not a jogger, I'm not a huge fan of the great outdoors, and BOB is big. So how did we end up with BOB? I've found that pushing 2 increasingly heavy small children around on anything other than flat surfaces requires a stroller with nice big wheels. And despite my lack of love for the outdoors I'm learning that having kids means your likes and dislikes change. Or, at the very least, they get changed for you for a time!
BOB has been a dream to handle - he almost moves without being pushed! For someone such as myself who doesn't get out and exercise much a stroller that moves on its own is a big plus. I find myself hurrying to keep up with my stroller, in fact, as it gets going down the street.

BOB is even big enough that on occasion you can catch Bentley lounging in the front area when he needs a breather from running around at the zoo/on the coastal trail/walking to the park... wherever we are, BOB is there for us!

I'm a huge fan of BOB, as you may be starting to suspect. My enthusiasm for him was contagious, and infected my friend Amrita. Check out our matching BOBs (I stole the photo from Amrita's blog):

The mountain in the background is Sleeping Lady. :-) When we go out in public with our matching BOBs we attract more than a bit of attention. Today someone asked if both sets of babies were mine, and when I pointed to Amrita and said no, they asked her if both sets belonged to her. Hmmm.... Sometimes we just get the people who ask us if they're twins, but sometimes we get those who ask us if they're our kids and when we say yes they ask if we're SURE! Are we sure?!? Hmmm... apparently we're too young looking. But I digress. Back to BOB!

I suspect that BOB does, on some days, spend more time holding the kids than their father does. In Matt's defense this is because he's at work earning us money to pay for all the things I buy (including BOB!). To be completely honest BOB may spend more time holding that twins than I do on some days! :-)

To wrap it up... I love BOB. Before having kids I didn't know I could love a stroller. But I do!

No comments: