Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Solstice Cuties

On Summer Solstice (Saturday) Mark and I took the kidlets for a stroll to the playground near their home. We wanted to give Bentley a chance to play. We wanted to give their parents a short break. The twins were caught in the middle of these two goals. As we've mentioned before, playgrounds are not favorite play arenas of (almost) one year olds. Every time we took them out of the stroller they ate rocks. Both of them. I'd no sooner fish a rock from twin A's mouth than twin B would have one in their mouth. YUCK! What is it with the rock eating?!

While visiting the playground, Mark (with my help and guidance!) took some fine photos of the grandbabies. Or should I have said Mark took some photos of the fine grandbabies? They just grow cuter with every passing day. (We have proof of this--thousands of photos!)

Genevieve was the star photo model on Saturday. She was dressed the cutest (well, she is the girl!) and she worked with us the best. Here's our first set of photos on the playground:





Well, I see that Jackson and Bentley both out grinned Genevieve in the above photos, but you'll see why she's the star performer in a minute. Great job, boys!

Later we moved to the front of the school where they have two full size bronze moose, a baby moose and a mommy moose. Bentley refused to be anywhere near them. I tried to show him that they were just metal, but he was adamant that they keep their distance from him. Fine.

I next tried sitting Jackson on the baby moose, but he clung to me like a leech. I had to settle for a photo of him sitting on a rock in front of the moose.


Genevieve came through for me. She was a champion moose rider and posed quite nicely. Unfortunately, the photographer was not as dedicated as she was. Isn't that the way it always is? If the model is in the groove, the camera guy is having technical difficulties. Sheesh!



Next I tried for a few photos on a nice big rock in front of some blooming Sitka roses.




The photos are nice, but I'd like to go back another day and try for big smiles. Again you will notice that my elder grandson is not present in any photos. He refused to pose for the camera.

Here's an action shot of him running down a hill. He sure is a cutie!

1 comment:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

You just can't get much cuter than that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Twinks!!

Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid